Training Course on Horticultural Production And Marketing
Marketing problems in many countries are currently regarded as beyond the scope of field-level agricultural extension workers who are the officers in direct contact with the farmers. the farmer therefore has to take on commercial and marketing skills. Marketing is the process by which the space between the producer and the consumer is bridged. The process obviously involves transport and techniques for minimizing crop losses. An effective distribution system will also require the establishment of rural businesses such as truck drivers and packaging manufacturers, contractors and wholesalers. The production/marketing chain is a two way process. Produce flows from the rural areas into the cities; money and market information should flow back. As tastes in the city market evolve, the rural community can use this market information to target its production accordingly.
This course aims to enhance farmers’ ability in commercial production planning, management of vegetables, tropical fruits, flowers and ornamental plants and to focus on crops produced in order to make it available commercially, particularly with those which have high market potential in participants’ home countries.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course targets Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers, funding agencies, research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Have a clear definition of the concept of horticulture
• Have an outline of the key factors in horticultural production
• Gain knowledge on the salient features of floriculture, vegetable and fruit sectors
• Understand on the post-harvest handling of horticultural crops
• Gain knowledge on the techniques applied in management of pests in horticultural crops
• Gain knowledge about the horticultural market development
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Production Technology
• Vegetable and Flower Production
• Tropical Fruit Production
• Horticultural Marketing REQUIREMENTS
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach such as presentations, group work, guided sessions of practical exercise and web based tutorials.
• • The participant must be conversant with English
• • Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• • Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• • Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• • The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• • Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• • One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• • Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
START DATE: 04/02/2018
END DATE: 04/06/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://goo.gl/wPrpbt
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!