KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) Africa is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya and has adopted a pan-African approach to development work, employing full-time experts within the KPMG Africa team in Nairobi, together with a network of champions across Sub-Saharan Africa.
KPMG IDAS Africa coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our country and programme experience in Africa is extensive and we pride ourselves as a leading service provider to development initiatives and delivering impact and results using innovative solutions. Our diverse team includes people of different professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success. Typically, we assemble teams of senior professionals that comprise specialized development expertise combined with core KPMG knowledge in financial and risk management.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with broad based knowledge of agribusiness and SME financing to provide oversight over the implementation and day to day management of the MasterCard Foundation Fund for Rural Prosperity as a Team Leader. The role will be based at KPMG offices in Nairobi, Kenya with regular travel within the region.
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment tied to the FRP Programme ending 31 December 2021.
• Working with MasterCard Foundation to set the strategic direction of the FRP
• Lead and oversee all aspects of Programme Implementation including overall management of the Programme, finances and operational procedures. Implementation also includes portfolio management and drawing learnings from the Fund.
• Ensure quality of KPMG deliverables to the Foundation
• Manage key stakeholder relationships, e.g. the Foundation, Consortium Partners, high-level stakeholders, etc.
• Maintain open door policy to all fund management staff at all times. Build and maintain consensus amongst the team. Supervise directly the senior members of the FRP team
• Play a key role in FRP’s marketing efforts and brand-building activities
Qualifications and experience
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in the financial sector, focused on SME and agricultural financing. Specific experience working in the agricultural sector and/or digital finance is a plus.
• Graduate/Masters qualification in Business Administration, Economics, Development Finance or Agricultural Economics
• Understanding of rural, digital and financial markets in Africa
• Strong Project Management and Team Management skills. Portfolio management in an impact investment fund is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic and tact to effectively communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
• Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including development of reports, learnings and oral presentations. Proficiency in French is a plus.
• Willingness to travel regularly within the region and to other KPMG offices in the region
Internally, the Team Leader will work with FRP Team including Consortium Partners and;
Externally, with the MasterCard Foundation, FRP Participants (financial support recipients), Other KPMG offices, Individual consultants that may be engaged for the FRP program, and the FRP Research & Learning Partner.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunities, please forward your application letter and CV giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/08/2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2018. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
We are seeking a dynamic individual with broad based knowledge of agribusiness and SME financing to provide oversight over the implementation and day to day management of the MasterCard Foundation Fund for Rural Prosperity as a Team Leader
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!