TERMS OF REFERENCE
CONSULTANCY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FAIRTRADE AFRICA GENDER AND INCLUSION POLICY & ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified
producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa;
Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA
aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system
and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. Our vision is a world in which all producers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfil their potential and decide on their futures. To realize this ambition the organization recognizes the importance of a systematic and integrated approach to promoting gender equality and inclusion, including the empowerment of women and girls in all spheres of its work.
Objectives of the Assignment
In endeavoring to strengthen gender equality and inclusion in the organization, Fairtrade Africa is seeking the services of an independent gender and policy expert to develop the organization’s gender and inclusion policy and an anti-sexual harassment policy. This assignment will broadly involve:
The consultancy has the following deliverables:
It is expected that the assignment will be concluded in not more than 25 working days from the date of signing the contract. Under FTA’s overall supervision, the consultant(s) will be responsible for the planning and execution of all tasks.
· An advanced degree in social sciences, law, gender or any relevant field;
· Concrete evidence of similar tasks and 5-7 years’ experience undertaking similar work;
· High level policy expertise with evidence of experience in girls and women rights;
· Proven experience in producing analytical reports in the area of gender equality and inclusion;
· Ability to work with people from diverse cultural, ethnic, religious, and national backgrounds;
· Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in French a bonus.
The resultant products of this assignment shall remain the property of Fairtrade Africa and shall be treated as confidential by the consultant(s) during and after the engagement with the organization.
In bidding for this work, qualified consultant(s) must submit:
· A comprehensive technical proposal explaining how the objectives and expected outcomes of the consultancy will be delivered and a detailed methodology to undertake the assignment;
· Detailed and current CV(s) of all persons proposed to undertake the assignment;
· A detailed work plan clearly indicating the activity schedule broken down for each day.
· Financial proposal providing a clear break-down of costs for the assignment. Where taxes are applicable, this must also be indicated.
How to apply:
Application details can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/
apllication by close of business 27th January 2019. Please reference “Consultancy for the development of Fairtrade Africa Gender and inclusion policy & Anti-sexual harassment policy”. Only submissions with complete documents as stated in the herein will be considered. Note that qualified consultants may be subjected to a background check as a condition of engagement.
Expressions of interest are invited for the above consultancy opportunity.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!