Who we are:
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night's sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn't easy - they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone's reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
• Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
• Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
• Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
• Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
* Watervale Investments is now doing business as Moko Home + Living. Same great team with a more lovable brand. For those of you who applied to this position before, no worries - your application was still received and will be considered.
What you’ll make happen:
We are looking for an individual with an eye for talent. You will support organization-wide efforts in sourcing for and retaining the best talent. An ideal fit will also enjoy the challenges of a rapidly growing company. You’ll take pride in helping a group of general workers in our factory work better together in the morning and training a group of new recruits on our values in the afternoon. You’ll be at ease both interviewing a prospective candidate and walking a new senior manager through their first hiring process.
The role in brief:
Managing the recruitment process end-to-end
• Identify great potential members of our team through a variety of strategies – LinkedIn searches, leveraging our existing networks and building new ones, direct outreach to prospective candidates
• Consider candidates for roles by evaluating their skills and culture fit in-depth, using detailed interviews, role plays and practical assessments
• Support hiring managers in reviewing responses and narrowing down the candidate pool toward the perfect fit
• Accurately track the progress of all applicants through our hiring pipeline, keeping everyone participating in the hiring process in the loop
Management and Training of our staff
• Ensure that all staff members receive effective mentorship to promote career growth
• Personally, lead training sessions for staff members
• Assess staff development and training needs and support the creation of training programs
Team and Culture
• Serve as a leader and role model to the team at large. Live the Moko values.
• Lead diversity and inclusion work for the Company.
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
As a dream candidate:
At Moko, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles. We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character. Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply. Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
• Candidates with at least 3 years’ experience of finding, hiring and managing talent will have an advantage.
• Believe in yourself. Our team is growing quickly as we work to build a leading home interior brand for Africa’s rising
class. You should see yourself shaping the talent strategy of quickly growing company.
• Quality focus. Just getting the job done is not enough for you. You set high standards and share them with the team.
• Knowledge of Kenya employment laws
• Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
• Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
• Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
Support organization-wide efforts in sourcing for and retaining the best talent.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!