The European Commission's Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union.
ECHO works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channeled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
The Operational Secretary based in Nairobi will be working closely with ECHO Head of Regional Office (HoRO), to ensure general office / department co-ordination and information-flow management through efficient and transparent services and processes by:
• Providing secretarial support to the HoRO (i.e. written correspondence in English, phone calls, appointments, minutes of meetings, maintaining contact lists, photocopies, filing, etc.);
• Information-flow management for internal and external communications between HRO and colleagues/ partners;
• Compiling background material (including basic data analysis); generating a variety of reports and statistical tables to support the other team members:
• Maintaining mission planning record for the entire office staff;
• Receiving and dispatching communication by e-mail and telephone:
• Preparation of welcome package for visitors from/to Brussels.
• Completion of secondary school education
• Minimum 3 years working experience in administration or secretarial position;
• Work experience with International Organization, NGO or Embassy is an advantage;
• Excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
• Good knowledge of office IT applications. DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities.
Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
This is a local posting for nationals open to other residents of Kenya with a valid work and residence permit. The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 3 months' probationary period. As an indication the monthly basic salary is an average of KES 122,559 (subject to Kenyan tax law); which corresponds to 5 years relevant work experience. The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate. In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13' month salary as well as a medical coverage.
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, academic and employment certificates should be uploaded through http://uhired.me/job/234 until 31st January, 2019 midnight Local Time Nairobi at the latest. The vacancy reference must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Candidates who will not have been contacted by 31st March, 2019should consider that they have not been selected. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
The job holder ensures an efficient operational support to assigned team, and an effective coordination with other interlocutors, through appropriate secretarial duties.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!