The Network Administrator is an infrastructure management role that is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the network infrastructure. The role will deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment to ensure smooth network operation. The Network Administrator is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
1. Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
2. Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
3. Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
4. Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
5. Provide Level 2 and 3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
6. Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
7. Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
8. Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
1. Proven hands-on network administration experience.
2. A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
3. Certification in network administration, cloud administration and/or data center administration is an added advantage.
4. Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
5. Solid understanding of networking protocols, such as, IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, and QoS.
6. Experience with monitoring systems.
7. Experience with automation software, for instance, Puppet, cfengine, and Chef.
8. Solid experience in scripting, for instance, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby and Python.
9. Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
1. Ethical: We are responsible, reliable, and provide secure solutions to our customer.
2. Accessible: We have reach and are responsive and efficient to our customer needs.
3. Smart: We use cutting edge technology to be relevant and adaptive to our customer needs.
4. You: We understand our customer, we are about our customer.
Designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!