Established by African States with the support from the World Bank and now the African Development Bank, the African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) is a multilateral insurer headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. ATI’s mandate is to promote and develop trade and investments for and within African countries by offering insurance services.
ATI is looking for a HR assistant to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. The successful candidate will act as the liaison between management and employees while ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution to all queries. He/She will also support daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents. The ideal candidate for the position should hold an academic degree plus professional qualification in Human Resource Management. Background and familiarity in HR with an international or multilateral organization, is an added advantage. For this role, the successful candidate is required to work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties like posting job ads, contacting candidates and coordinating interviews.
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
• Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
• Support HR and Organization Development projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
• Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and regulations
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
• Preparation of candidates database, coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
• Assist in the onboarding programme for newly hired employees
Attributes and Requirements
• Proven experience as a HR assistant, or relevant human resources position for a minimum of 2 -3 years
• PC literacy (MS Office, in particular)
• Hands on experience with an HRIS or HRMS, familiarity with people related software and resume databases is an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of labor laws
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communications skills, oral and written
• Bachelor’s degree & a professional qualification in Human Resources or related field (eg. Psychology)
How to apply:
1. Please submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, ATI’s Personal History Form and details of your current remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Personal History Form is available on ATI’s website (www.ati-aca.org)
3. The closing date for application is Thursday, 30th August, 2018 at midnight Nairobi time
4. Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements and submit their applications in compliance with points 1-3 above will be considered for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!