VACANCY LIST NO. 06 of 2018
The County Government of Nakuru is established under the constitution of Kenya 2010 with a mandate to offer services to its residents. As a County of diversity, inclusivity and unlimited potential, and, in order to efficiently and effectively fulfill the above constitutional mandate, the Nakuru County Public Service Board, Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and Sections 44 and 45 of the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacancies for the positions of County Secretary and Chief Officers as follows: -
2. COUNTY CHIEF OFFICERS
JOB GROUP –‘S'
TERMS OF SERVICE: - CONTRACT
REMUNERATION- As prescribed by salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC).
1. Public Service, Training & Devolution
5. Resource Mobilization
6. Medical Services
7. Public Health 8. Roads
9. Disaster Management & Humanitarian Assistance.
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Have a relevant Bachelor's degree from a University recognized in Kenya. Possession of a Master's degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
• Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 5 years in senior/managerial position in a large organization;
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of county development objectives and Vision 2030;
• Be strategic thinker and results-oriented;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and Interpersonal skills:
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
• Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and
• Be computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Officer will be the authorized officer and accounting officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
Specific duties will include:-
• Administration of a County Department
• Formulation and implementation of programs to attain Vision 2030 and sector goals;
• Development and Implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Implementation of policies and regulations;
• Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery:
• Ensuring compliance with the national values and principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya and
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET (VALID i.e. YEAR 2018) CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANIZATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Higher Education Loans Board; (HELM
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission: (EACC)
• The Directorate of Criminal Investigation; (DCI)
• Credit Reference Bureau: Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
HOW TO APPLY
All Applications should be submitted together with copies of detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport, and any other supporting documents to:
NAKURU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 2870 - 20100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Hand delivered application can be submitted at the County Public Service Board's offices located at Public Works Buildings on Nakuru - Kabarak Road - Ground Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 10th August, 2018 by 5.00p.m.
County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer and Women, Youth, Minority Group & People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!