Mandera County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 under Articles 176 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
17. WARD REVENUE OFFICER (REVENUE ASSISTANT), JG ‘’H’ TWENTY (20) POSTS: REF MCG/CPSB/FEP/2018/08/17
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for coordinating collection of revenue in respective ward and prepares report, then account for all revenue collected in the area of jurisdiction;
• Supervise the revenue collection within the area of jurisdiction to ensure revenue is collected from all the revenue sources in the ward;
• Submit weekly revenue returns & preparation of monthly returns for the ward and do posting & analysis in cash book at the ward;
• Custodian of accountable documents at the ward and Identify and mainstream new revenue sources;
• Deliver all the revenue collected on a daily basis to the sub county revenue officer/ senior revenue Assistant;
• Do inspection of business premises and issue of various and single business permits;
• Bank the revenue collected and maintain revenue collection entries in the primary books and institute daily reconciliations;
• Provide advisory role to the revenue management section on un-tapped revenue sources;
• Identify challenge impending collection of revenue to escalate to senior management for the solution;
• Perform any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a holder of Diploma in Business (Accounting or Finance) or its equivalent; OR
• Certified Public Accountant II; OR
• Kenyan Accounting Technical Certificate (KATC/ATC PART III) or its equivalent;
• Be a good team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills;
• Certificate in computer application skills;
• Good planning, organizational, communication and analytical skills;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
For more Details concerning the above positions can be accessed from the County website www.mandera.go.ke.
How to Apply
Written applications, CVs, copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300,
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or beforeThursday, 16th August, 2018 at 4.00p.m. or be hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre. No Online application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MANDERA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!