Pursuant to section 155 (5) of the Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Regulation No.167(1) of the Public Finance Management Regulations 2015; The County Government of Murang’a invites all interested and suitably qualified persons to submit applications to serve as
County Audit Committee Members Three (3) posts
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Membership to a professional body such as: IIA, ICPAK; CPSK, IAK; APSEA; ACFE; LSK and any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
• Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field in which she or he has been practicing
• One shall not be a past or present employee of the entity, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with Murang’a County in the last two years
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a senior management position
• Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the County government
• Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management
• Possess a good understating of government operations, financial reporting and auditing.
• Not a holder of a political office.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide oversight on risk management, controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the County Government Committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and
• Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
(a) support the Accounting Officers with regard to their responsibilities for issues of risk, control and governance and associated assurance: Provided that the responsibility over the management of risk, control and governance processes remains with the management of the concerned county government entity; and
(b) Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
(a) Support the Accounting Officers with regard to their responsibilities for issues of risk, control and governance and associated assurance: Provided that the responsibility over the management of risk, control and governance processes remains with the management of the concerned county government entity; and
(b) The functions and responsibilities of a audit committee will generally be to provide oversight to and advice in the following areas:
(1) Internal Control System;
(2) Governance structures;
(3) Risk management;
(4) Financial statements
(5) Compliance requirements;
(6) Internal audit, including approval of annual work plans;
(7) External audit; and
(8) Other related functions including review of entity's performance framework; relevant parliamentary committee reports and recommendations; and portfolio responsibilities.
Terms of appointment:
How to Apply:
Application forms of the vacancies can be accessed via the following link:http://muranga.go.ke/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/PSBAPPLICATIONFORM-2015-1.pdf
Applications should be submitted to the County secretary’s office on or before close of business on 6th July, 2020 in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The County Secretary
County Government of Murang’a,
P.O. Box 52-10200
Murang’a County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the above position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!