Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions: -
B. DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL AUDIT
Position: Internal Auditor I, Job Group “K” (3 Posts)
An Officer at this level will report to the Senior Auditor and will be deployed to any of the three Audit zonal offices.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
• Reviewing internal control systems in operation and report on any weaknesses;
• Undertaking specific audit assignments and preparing detailed audit programmes;
• Vouching and verification of sample transactions and reporting observations and findings as required;
• Preparing audit working papers for review by audit supervisor
• Recording proceedings of entry and exit meetings;
• Reviewing budgetary controls, collecting and analysing data and statistics;
• Physical verification of assets, supplies and stores and confirmation with relevant records kept and maintained;
• Carrying out spot-checks to ensure compliance with procedures and regulations;
• Preparation of draft reports and holding discussions with clients; and
• Any other work assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment:-
For appointment to this grade, one must:
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option),
Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Be in possession of CPA Part II or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Part II or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Have a certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution;
• Have good inter personal and communication skills; and
• Being a team player
* Terms of Service-Permanent and Pensionable
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
✓ Kenya Revenue Authority
✓ Higher Education Loans Board
✓ Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
✓ Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 17th August, 2018.
All applications should reach this office on or before 17th August, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!