Job Title: Chief Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nairobi
Our client is a leading FMCG Company that seeks to hire a Chef Accountant .The ideal candidate should be a seasoned finance professional with hands-on experience in the Manufacturing, FMCG, Retail sectors
Responsibilities (are and not limited too):
• Monthly and Annual statutory accounts and reporting of financial statements.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly management accounts to support business decisions and possible outcomes.
• Preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasts as well as long term rolling plans (regular prognosis).
• Analytical review of key performance indicators based on various financial data.
• Supervision of basic accounting ledger entries and extraction of trial balance and financial statements.
• Ensure stocks records are maintained and adequate stock controls exist and timely reports produced.
• Ensure proper costing of stocks for accuracy of the company’s balance sheet.
• Direct involvement in corporate reporting for financial and management information (e.g. board paper preparation).
• Ensure management accounting systems work properly and recommend improvements.
• Oversee debtors and creditors ensuring that ageing levels are within the company’s policies.
• Coordinate all payables including planning of daily cash flow and authorization of various payments/LPO’s.
• Follow up import schedules, clearing agents and payments of foreign currency LC’s and bills.
• Ensure that various local authority licenses and business permits are paid up.
• Ensure statutory returns are filed on time e.g. PAYE, VAT, withholding taxes, etc.
• Deal with KRA inquiries and liaise with our external auditors.
• Manage the junior accounting staff and enhance their skills and competencies.
Desired Candidate Profile
Candidate should be a seasoned finance professional with hands-on experience in the Manufacturing, FMCG, Retail sectors. Candidate should be a Qualified Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K). Candidate should have good knowledge of computer accounting software.
Under Graduate: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business related field from a recognized university.
How to apply:
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 28th August 2018. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
Apply Online: https://r4kenya.com/jobs/on-going-recruitment-for-a-chief-accountant-in-kenya-apply-now
We are located on 4th floor, Kipro Centre in Westlands, Nairobi
Monthly and Annual statutory accounts and reporting of financial statements.
We hand-pick our favorites and send you the hottest deals every week!